We pay a lot of attention to sustainability. We therefore comply with the strictest requirements for service provision and environmental care. This is reflected in, among other things, two quality marks: The Blue Flag and The Golden Anchor.
What we do to contribute to our cause...
- We limit the use of tap water by using rainwater to spray the ships clean.
- Our jetties are made from 100% recyclable Poralu.
- Paper, glass and chemical waste are collected separately and in our environmental garden we process your paint residues, cleaning rags and waste oil in a responsible manner.
- The lighting in the harbour consists as much as possible of low-energy and (solar) LED lamps. The use of motion detectors and time switches also significantly reduces energy consumption.
- We use 100% green electricity by purchasing energy from hydropower.
- We do not use harmful pesticides, not in the green as pest control.
- Jachthaven Bruinisse is one of the first Dutch marinas to use a Seabin. This floating trash can sucks up plastic and other rubbish from the water. This prevents the plastic soup and other pollution in the seas and oceans from increasing.
- Thuishavens has been a Business Angel of Plastic Soup Foundation since 2014.